- Federal Government Disability Website
Disability.gov is the Federal government website for comprehensive information on disability programs. The site links to more than 14,000 resources from federal, state and local government agencies, including resources on employment.
- Disability Resource Center - US Department of Transportation : The Disability Resource Center (DRC) provides job accommodations and related services to DOT employees and job applicants.
- Disability Employment - US Office of Personnel Management has helpful information for job seekers with disabilities and various federal programs that protect their right to work.
- Supplemental Security Income – SSI is a Federal income supplement program funded by general tax revenues (not Social Security taxes) is designed to help aged, blind, and disabled people, who have little or no income and resources; Apply for SSI Benefits
- Disability Advisor provides information and guidance to claimants on collecting Social Security Disability and Veterans Disability Benefits. Readers can get individualized answers to their questions on how to apply and if denied, how to navigate the appeals process.
- The Campaign for Disability Employment has an easy-to-navigate design where visitors can find in-depth information and coordinating media products for the CDE's three public service announcements, "I Can," "Because," and "Who I Am"-all of which promote positive employment outcomes for people with disabilities. The new website also introduces the CDE's blog, which will feature a wide range of perspectives from thought leaders on disability and employment issues.
- National Disabled Veterans Business Council – A not-for-profit organization designed to unite and to represent the thousands of disabled veteran business owners throughout the country. Through their mission they are able to assist individual veterans as well. Click on the above link to learn about their new veterans affordable housing, continuing education and workforce development initiatives.
- National Organization for Rare Disorders – NORD is dedicated to helping the nearly 30 million Americans with rare diseases, and the organizations that serve them, through programs of education, advocacy, research, and patient services.
- Workforce3One offers e-learning, knowledge sharing, resource information, and tools for workforce professionals and other to build the capacity of the workforce investment system to successfully meet the employment needs of America’s workforce and employers. Sponsored by the U.S. Department of Labor/Employment and Training Administration (ETA), Workforce3One offers extensive training, resource, and toolkits on a wide variety of workforce topics, at no cost to the user.
- Amputee Coalition
Nation’s leading nonprofit organization on limb loss. Dedicated to enhancing quality of life for amputees and their families, improving patient care, and preventing limb loss. Helps amputees live well with limb loss. Offers community connections and events, and provides resources for individuals with amputations, including publications and support groups.
- My Med Schedule
Free medication schedules, reminders, and health tracker
*This website was created using a variety of sources including the online resources listed, but is not intended to substitute or replace the professional medical advice you receive from your physician. The content provided here is for informational purposes only, and was not designed to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease. Please consult your physician with any questions or concerns you may have regarding your condition*